Monday, October 26, 2015
Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Friends of the library support the educational mission of the University through the development of the Kimbel Library. They partner with the library on fundraising activities and outreach programs to the university and local community. Friends receive advance notice of library events and exhibits, invitations to special friends-only events, Kimbel Library borrowing privileges and recognition in the library’s annual report.
For more information, see the Friends of the Kimbel Library website. To join, visit the library or contact Kimberely Gomez, project coordinator for philanthropy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-349-5038.
Monday, October 19, 2015
Musical Theater Songs is a new trial database that Kimbel Library has opened in order to gauge interest on campus. The 30-day trial ends on Nov. 13. For direct access to the database please click here.
The Musical Theater Songs database is "The right song, right now for your next audition, performance or for study"
- You can search more than 7,000 titles spanning 150 years of shows including thousands of hard to find and rare works.
- Custom-tailor your search using up to 20 different parameters and 100 descriptive tags including an interactive keyboard.
- Choose classic titles or the latest work from today's top new composers, including a partnership with Musical Theatre Factory.
- Get direct links to sheet music and recordings.
- Connect with your school's or local library's music collection to also obtain recordings and sheet music using WorldCat.
Thursday, October 15, 2015
The reading is part of Kimbel Library's celebration of National Friends of the Library Week. National Friends of the Library Week is Monday, Oct. 19 to Friday, Oct. 23. There will be a display and brochures in Kimbel Library for anyone interested in joining the Friends of the Kimbel Library group. Friends of the library support the educational mission of the university through the development of the Kimbel Library.
This event is free and open to the public.